Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now it is the start of my (and the majority of people) favorite time of year. But I won't let Thanksgiving go unnoticed, since it was the first one for Chase, even though I didn't take as many pictures as I probably should have.

The holiday started off Wednesday night when Grampy came over to play and take us out for a yummy dinner at Rib Crib. Grampy was headed to Arkansas the next day to see Aunt Wendy and Uncle Tim and do a little black Friday shopping. It was a nice evening, and Chase was more than worn out by the end of it. The only picture I have of the evening is Grampy rocking Chase to sleep. Grampy had a very, should I say, unique?, position for Chase...



Thanksgiving day we woke up and watched the Macy's parade on TV, then headed over to DeeDee and Bobo's for some turkey afternoon dinner. Chase got to try a couple of new things for his first Thanksgiving. He first tried some diluted apple juice... and I do believe he loved it...



He then tried some turkey mixed with sweet potatoes. I wasn't sure how well this would go over, Chase has just now started experimenting with meats. I gave him some chicken with chicken gravy a few days before and I am really bummed that I didn't have the video going for his reaction to that. He literally jumped out of his chair and made a very sour face, it was definitely funny home video worthy, could have won us 10 grand, oh well. I have a photo but it does not do the reaction justice at all, the photo makes him look like he could possibly like the chicken, and I don't think he really did at all..



The turkey and sweet potatoes, I think he liked, but sweet potatoes are his all time favorite, so it may have been what made the whole turkey thing okay...



After dinner Chase spent some time with cousin Matt and watched some football.



Daddy stretched out and watched some of the game too...



Chase spent lots of time with cousin Mandy, if she is around and Chase sees her, he will reach for her 99% of the time...



Mandy's boyfriend Derek joined us later in the afternoon... what a cute couple...



Unfortunately that is all the Thanksgiving pictures I took. Chase spent a lot of time with Bobo, DeeDee, Uncle Rick and Aunt Suzy and I didn't get any pictures of that. Gramma and Nanny were also there but I didn't seem to catch them in any pictures either. Chase's Uncle David and Aunt Jill and cousins spent Thanksgiving in Pryor this year.

So I have to admit, I have had all my inside Christmas decorations up since the first weekend of November. I don't know why, I have never, EVER, decorated that early before! I guess I was just excited to see what Chase would do with all the Christmas tree lights.. which of course he is very curious about... (these two photos are small cause I took them on my cell phone...)



With the help of Chase, pretty much all the shopping is done too!!! Chase loves to shop, there is so much to look at!



Daddy has been busy too, the day after Thanksgiving it was a beautiful day (almost 70 degrees!!) Daddy and Chase worked really hard and got all the outside lights up, and the house just looks festive!!!



Daddy worked into the dark getting things finished, but Chase had to come inside when it started getting chilly...


0 comments: