Saturday, September 15, 2012

Oklahoma City Zoo

We took a day trip down to OKC and checked out the zoo. It was super cool. Our zoo here in Tulsa is nice, but we were really impressed with this zoo. In the childrens area, there was a place where the kids could walk through a little stream... Kaylee thinks she is so big. And slides.. They had a bird area, where you could buy nectar and the birds would come and eat it right out of your hands! I didn't realize birds had tounges until this one was literally licking Danny's neck! I think Chase was starting to get a little nervous... This gorilla had a cut on his head, and was trained to come sit by the window so that veterinarians could examine it from behind the glass. I couldn't believe it still sat so still for kids too! For some reason, this guy's face reminded me of my Papa...haha This little baby monkey was injured by another chimp, and had to have it's arm amputated. It still gets around amazingly well There is actually a lot more to see at this zoo, but too bad, I forgot to charge my camera battery so that is all the pictures we took. But what a great day we had!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!

All those birds were freaking me out! NO WAY would I ever get in that cage!

Couldn't really tell what the kiddos thought about it, but Danny was brave!

Love, DeeDee