Monday, October 12, 2009

Peas, Giggles, Feet and Clowns

For Chase's next food, we gave him peas. I hate peas. Maybe this was a learned reaction from my brother, when we were younger he threw up (literally) when asked to eat just one little pea. I think he may have made them seem so incredibly disgusting that I have just taken his word for it all these years and have never attempted to like them. I really tried not to make faces when feeding the dreaded, stinky, gross peas to Chase, however it just happened, and Chase found it quite amusing...



He couldn't stop giggling when I was pretending to gag about the peas. He's such a ham, he was laughing but had to keep looking at the camera, he loves the camera...



The other morning I was laying in bed listening to Chase talk to himself. Every morning he wakes up talking, he really is such a happy boy. Anyway, soon it gets quiet and I could hear something randomly hitting the mattress HARD. I thought it may have been his head, he has been known to slam his head back and forth when he is trying to get to sleep. When I got up to check it out this is what I found....



FEET... strait up in the air, then slamming down onto the bed. It was so hilarious to me, after he slammed them down, it would be a second, then you would see the feet slowly lifting up again and he would hold them in the air for a minute and then BAM!! Down they would go again... I stood there watching cracking up inside, I wish I could have gotten a video, but it would have been way to dark, and I'm sure if he knew I was videoing him, he would have just stared at the camera... oh well, at least I got the picture.

We went to visit Chase's Great Gramma on Sunday and Chase cashed in on some ancient stuffed animals that mommy will never let him play with. (No offense to you Gramma, it was SUPER sweet of you) Who knows how long Gramma has had these stuffed things, two of the animals were more like cardboard animals with felt on them...very interesting.
And then there were two CLOWNS. I know that my husband has a huge fear of clowns (and so does my Aunt Suzy). So I decided to have a little fun with them... couldn't resist. Below... the clown accomplices...



The one on the left, the scarier one, could be used as a mobile Gramma informed me. Now taking Chase to the Haunted Castle and letting him hear the "your next" recording I thought was going to scare him enough, but if I put this clown over his bed for him to wake up to, I think that would give him night terrors for sure!! So instead, I tied it above Danny and I's bedroom door while he was asleep, so when he came out of the bedroom the face would be right there! I know, I am so mean...lol... but I couldn't resist. I stood waiting as soon as I heard him getting up...



He said he didn't see it, but by his reaction, I think I may have frightened him a little... I had the other clown waiting on the back of the toilet to greet him when he went to the bathroom...lol
Danny wasn't the only one I forced my clown fun on. Like I said, my Aunt Suzy is also not a fan of clowns... She also has issues with the song by Petula Clark.."Downtown" that's another story that I could tell another day, but I sent her a nice text message with a recording of my singing the song Downtown and a close up...



Chase may not have gotten to enjoy the clowns, but I sure had some fun with them!!! Thanks Gramma!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Danny and Suzy!!!

yea Chase for eating peas! i like peas too.

love, DeeDee