Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

What a wonderful Christmas this year was, despite the "Blizzard of 2009"!! I thought it was nice to have Chase's first Christmas be a white Christmas... The only down side was that I missed seeing a lot of my aunts and uncles for the holiday, hopefully we will all be able to find another time to get together soon!!!

My parents normally have my brother and his family, my family, and Nanny and Poppy on Christmas eve, which is also my sister in law Jill's birthday, so every year we go to their house and my mom makes yummy enchiladas and we have our Christmas celebration. This year we had the celebration on the 23rd so we could avoid the snow storm that was predicted, and we were glad because it sure dumped late in the day on Christmas eve!!!
Here is Chase opening his presents!!!





He's so excited...





Chase with DeeDee and Bobo



Happy Birthday Jill!!!!



What a fun evening it was!!!

Christmas eve, when Chase woke up, I found him doing something new... standing up in his crib. Since his new discovery, nothing is safe, as soon as he is on the floor at home, he crawls directly for anything that he could pull up on. He is growing up so fast!!! I don't mind that he is already pulling up, I just wish he would figure out how to sit back down. Before if he woke in the middle of the night, he would whine and go back to sleep, now he whines and cries because he is standing up and doesn't know how to get back down. I was spying on him today, he was standing there and decided to just let go, and he falls over like a tree, banging his head on the side of the crib. He didn't seem to mind, got right back up and did the same thing again. I tried to show him how to go from standing to sitting, but I don't know if he got it... ANYWAY, back to my Christmas story...

So I woke up Christmas eve morning to find this...



Chase and I got up and started putting the toys together that he had gotten the night before from DeeDee and Bobo and from Aunt Jill and Uncle David...





We played with the new toys all afternoon, I cooked a large ham that my work had given me, and Danny and I had a nice ham dinner on Christmas eve while Chase took a late afternoon nap. When Chase woke up the sleet was coming down and the snowflakes were soon to follow.

It was sooooo much fun setting the toys up that Santa brought, stuffing the stocking, and putting out cookies and milk!!! I can only imagine how much more fun it will get when Chase actually knows what's going on!!!
This is what Santa brought...



Chase had fun even if he didn't know who Santa was...



Daddy wanted to show Chase all the snow we got and let him feel it... BRRRR that's cold!!!



The day after Christmas we went to Aunt Linda's for the Hartman family Christmas. I was a little nervous to get out on the roads, but I have always been a white knuckle driver in any kind of precipitation. Danny got us there safely and we had a great time. I heard a few redneck jokes that afternoon and caught a few pictures....

You may be a redneck if you try to fit two people in one snuggie...



Some enjoyed the warmth of the snuggie, but would never admit they actually wore a snuggie...



The usual quarter game took place...



There was also a belated birthday celebration... Now Mike, did you really think you could turn 50 and no one notice???



He got a lot of good stuff, denture cream, laxatives, ect... but my favorite was the pooping deer...



It was a lot of fun, and a lot of excitement for little Chase!!! He made it a few hours before he had to pass out and take a break from it all...



And a few random pictures from the day....





Chris and Sara and their black tounges from the frosting on Uncle Mike's old man cookie cake...



Mason's was pretty black too, he just didn't want to admit it...



Chase loves his Aunt Linda!!!!!



Sunday morning we all met at the Golden Corral for the Hartman Christmas breakfast... it was yummy!!!



Danny and I and Chase had a great Christmas this year!!! Thanks everyone!!!

1 comments:

Jill White said...

Loved the post! I lol when I saw Chase standing up in his crib crying because he can't figure out how to get down. So funny! He's so cute! Looks like Danny has a large family too! Isn't it crazy! I'm glad you got spend time with his family despite the snow!