Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dancing Nanny and Cross Dressing Poppy

This afternoon I got to go see my grandparents perform in a very wonderful, original to say the least, performance at the Montereau where they live. You can tell that they have put a lot of time in preparing for this, although I don't know where they find the time, they stay so busy with all the other activities there!!!

My Nana tap dances with a group called the "toe tappers" and the average age of these ladies is 82! They really did a wonderful job, I was SO impressed!!!! They did three different dances, I got video of the first two, but unfortunately the battery in my camera ran out for the third dance. (Which was such a good one I am mad at my camera!!!)







And now for my Papa... this is a side I have never seen. I mean, he has always been an original, he makes the whole family laugh all the time, but in the form of a woman--this probably tops it. Papa found his own dress and accessories, and I almost think he enjoyed looking for just the right outfit! Not only was this performance entertaining, it was quite interesting. Papa and his buddies up at the Montereau perform in a group called the "Stouthearted Men" and I hate to say it, but they all performed pretty well as women...



I am so proud to be the granddaughter of these two characters, even with Papa dressed like a woman. They have so much fun with life and stay so active, they are some of the coolest grandparents ever made.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great camera work Kara!!! you got some great shots.

love, DeeDee

Jill White said...

Heehee! So funny!